Battery Health Monitor is a free utility for MacBook, PowerBook and iBook owners that monitors virtual all battery health parameters and displays them in an easy-to-read format.
Original capacity is an indication of the battery's storage when it was new. Current capacity indicates how much that original capacity has changed with use. Current charge shows the battery's current charge state while Charge Cycles indicates how many complete charge/discharge cycles the battery has experienced. The percentage value indicates approximately what portion of the number of total recharge cycles the battery supports have been used.
The annunciators at the top of the window indicate the state of the computer's power manager circuit and the battery or batteries installed.
Download Battery Health Monitor today!
||Disk Image (.dmg) file for Mac OS X (3.8 MB)
Note:Although version 1.5 should work properly on all PowerBook, iBook, MacBook, and MacBook Pro computers, there have been problems in the past with some iBook and Aluminum PowerBook G3 and G4 computers not displaying the "Original Capacity" value or reporting that the battery data could not be read. If this occurs on your computer, you may want to try Battery Health Monitor version 1.2:
||Battery Health Monitor version 1.2, Disk Image (.dmg) file for Mac OS X (1.8 MB)
|Macintosh:||PowerBook G3 or later, or iBook;
requires Mac OS X (10.2 or later).
- Dramatically improved compatibility with PowerBook G3 and G4 models using older version of Apple's battery update software.
- Updated to improve compatibility with Aluminum PowerBook G4 models.
- Universal binary--PowerPC & Intel native.
- Updated to support changes in Apple's Battery Update 1.1.
- Optimized internal processing for improved performance.
- Reduced processor loading for PowerPC G3 and G4 Macs.
- Corrected a problem with the "Battery Life Remaining" graph.
- Updated for compatibility with Intel Macs.